#Song Strong 5K Run/Walk
- This event has passed.
June 8, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
All are invited to run or walk in the 2nd annual SongStrong: Keep Kids Safe 5K. This exciting event takes place on a USATF Certified Course (CT18024JHP)in beautiful Guilford, CT and features panoramic views of Long Island Sound and the historic Guilford Green. After the race, enjoy food, drinks, fun exhibits, a DJ and much more. FREE t-shirt to all registered runners.
The race celebrates the life of Ethan Song who passed away in January 2018 at the age of 15. All proceeds go to the Ethan Miller Song Foundation, a non-profit that develops and supports Ethan’s causes and programs that keep kids safe.
Registration and Packet Pickup will take place on Thursday, June 6th and Friday, June 7th between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm at Ashley’s Ice Cream, 942 Boston Post Rd, Guilford. All runners are encouraged to pick up their race packet that will include a race tee shirt and race number, in advance to save time on race day! You can also register for the race too if you prefer not to do so online!
Leaves from Guilford Fairgrounds.
- Advance packet pickup & registration at Ashley’s Ice Cream, 942 Boston Post Rd, Guilford. June 6 & 7, 4:00 – 8:00 pm
- Race day registration opens – 8:30 AM
- Kids Fun Run Start – 9:45 AM
- 5K Run/Walk Start – 10:00 AM
- 5K Run/Walk – $25 ($30 on race day)
- Kids Fun Run (8yrs and under) – $5 (optional race shirt $5)
5K Race Awards
- First overall male and female
- Top 3 male / female in age groups: 1-14, 15-19 ,20-29 ,30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Become a Fundraiser
During the registration process you will be presented with a screen where you can Become a Fundraiser. When prompted, click on the blue button “Become a Fundraiser”, and the personal fundraiser options will be opened up to you.